18 HOUR RESULTS
18 HRS OF FRUITA RULES
- Racers may choose to run in any order and may change the order at any time.
- Racers may continue on for more than 1 lap but must check-in after each lap.
- Each team member must complete at least one lap or the team will be disqualified.
- Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex.
- Racers must display their race number on their bike at all times.
- Teams are required to provide their own hydration system and lighting system throughout the event.
- No course support will be provided by the event.
- Water and food may be supplied to any racer, at the transition area, as long as the racer and support is off the course and does not interfere with the race. Interference with other racers will result in disqualification.
- Lapped racers must yield. Please be vocal as it’s the responsibility of the challenging racer to overtake safely. Racers being lapped must yield as soon as safely possible.
- Lights must be turned-on at 12 midnight.
- Short-cutting the course is not allowed. This will result in immediate disqualification.
- Quiet hours will be imposed from 2 am until 7 a.m. During this time, noise must be kept to a minimum.
- Order of finish is determined by number of laps, then by time.
- Once results are posted, teams will have 15 minutes to challenge results at which time they will become official. We recommend that you monitor your team’s progress and compare it with the “official scorers” as the event is progressing to avoid any problems at the conclusion.
- One person must be designated as the Captain of the team to ensure the team is registered correctly (information is correct), and to deal with event officials in the event of problems or concerns.
- The event director has final say in any ruling, including rulings made by staff/volunteers.
- Additional rules or changes may be added as questions arise, so please continue to check this site for updates. Captains will receive a set of rules at check-in.
- For safety reasons, the event reserves the right to cancel or change a portion of the course if inclement weather or dangerous conditions exist. If cancelled, final results will be based on completed laps at the time the event was called.
- Minimum Age Requirement: All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. Additionally, all participants under the age of 18 must have a parent, legal guardian, or designated person present on site for the duration of the event. Participants must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
TIMING & RESULTS
The 18 hrs of Fruita will use chip timing in 2013. We ask that all team’s test their chips at the timing tent prior to the start of the event once you have checked in.
Finish Order is determined by number of laps, then time. Teams/Solo’s must complete their race within the 18 hour time limit-any laps finished after the 18 hour time limit WILL NOT count toward the total. No laps may start after the official finishing hour. Teams and solo’s may choose to stop and rest at anytime during the event but must re-enter where they originally exited. The team/solo (in its category) with the most laps is first. If teams have the same number of laps, the team that took less time within the above guidelines, wins.
Solo’s and teams may finish their race at any time during the 18 Hrs and will be credited with laps completed to that point to determine placing but must ride at least 6 laps to qualify for awards.
Numbers may not be cut, folded, altered or defaced in any way. All protests must be filed within 15 minutes of preliminary results posting. All signed, official results are FINAL. No protests will be accepted, nor will results be adjusted after the event. Athletes must be in attendance at the awards ceremony to receive their awards. Awards will not be mailed. Printed results will be overall places and lap times.